Thursday, October 7, 2010

October 7, 2010 - CALIFORNIA!!!

HOWDY everyone!! How are you all? I received some exciting news yesterday:

I'm being temporarily reassigned to the CALIFORNIA, SAN DIEGO mission, leaving this coming Tuesday!!!

I'm really excited, mostly because I know when and where I'm actually leaving :D I haven't recevied my flight plans yet, but I'll let you all know as soon as I can.

Quick info. Mission address in CA: Name, (mission), 7404 Armstrong Place, San Diego, CA 92111-4912. For later on, Mexico pouch is Name, Mission, POB 30150, SLC UT 84130-0150, and the office is Cerralvo #134, Col. Libertad, 67130 Guadalupe, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.

I also received the package from Amazon yesterday [CD player and plug in speaker]; THANK YOU so much! I'm really excited to listen to all those CDs once I get to Cali. It's a bummer though, because the speaker doesn't fit into the CD player! I'll have to find something to use in CA, I guess. I really appreciate it, though!

Sadly, my watch is also starting to die. I replaced the battery about a month ago, and now it's slowed down a ton and occasionally ticks backwards. I guess I can wait until I get to California to buy a new watch; what do you think?

And Mom, thanks a ton for the band bag! I look forward to receiveing it. I've really enjoyed the banana bread you sent (and everyone else in my district sends their heartfelt thanks as well! : D), and I really appreciate you sending those things to me. I'm not sure what they'll do with the sweater, but I can ask at the mailroom and let you know later; I think they'll just forward it to me.

My companion is going to Anaheim, and the other two Mexican missionaries are going to Arcadia (just north of LA). I'm really excited too!

I got your letters from Sunday today! Thanks soo much; I love you all too and really appreciate your testimonies, prayers, and support.

And thank you so much for your love and support! I say along the lines of Elder Holland's talk last Saturday: THANK YOU SO MUCH for everything you do! I could not be here without you, and I am so grateful. I love you all so much! I'm so excited to be leaving soon, and I look forward to perhaps calling you in the airport!!!! : D


Love muchly,
OLI

PS Hey Mom! My fellow district member and friend Elder Phillips is apparently friends with the Owner of Duncan Donuts! He gave me a chocolate one, and it was delicious. I thought of you! : D (Hope you don't mind me telling you and not giving you one)

PSPS Dad! Thanks for the JK Rowling talk; it was really interesting and thought provoking. AND CONGRATS on your 81!! That's totally awesome!

PSPSPSPSPSPS OK! Look forward to perhaps another email later today and definitely a letter! Love you all bunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment