Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday October 19, 2010 (email)

HEY everyone! I just got through my first week in the field; wow! Crazy to think that it's been that long, but then again, not so much. A ton has happened in the past week, but the biggest thing is that I'm doing great. I've had a couple struggles, as everyone does, but I'm enjoying my time here and I want to continue working! : D
Let's see, about correspondence... I now have 2 available hours for emailing, so no problem there. I haven't had a chance to write yet today, and I think I'd prefer to keep writing you letters, just because it's more fun and physical (writing emails might actually be faster for me, but maybe not. We'll see). Here's some quick and fast info:

It looks like they only pick up letters from the mission office every Prep Day (Tuesday), so hopefully I'll be getting some mail from you later today.
My companions, like I said before, are Elder Jardine (a 1.5 yr missionary from Canada, with awesome teaching skillz; also the district leader) and Elder DeBaltzo (a 4 month missionary from Ohio with great Spanish and fun to be around)!
I get to write emails every Preparation Day (Tuesday), as well as write letters when I get the chance. My companions apparently like to email at 10 am on P-days (12 your time).
I have to buy my own food and laundry stuff, but I receive funds from the mission for that, and we've actually had several member meals this week!
I've been pretty busy, so I've haven't written in my journal in the past few days. Yikes! Need to get on that!
I don't know of much else to write here, besides that I might send some stuff home when I get a chance (like I mentioned, I think); I'll let you know when I do.

I'm glad to hear you're all doing well, besides Dad's headache; glad to hear you're better! GOOD LUCK JULIA AT UIL!!! I'm super excited for you and hope you go All the Way to STATE! : D And that's fun that Sam gets to come down! How are you doing at A&M, Sam? Did I tell you that ELDER ROSS LITTLE from the CS University Ward is a Zone Leader in my ward?? Cool beans, huh?
Cali is great stuff. It's been cloudy/overcast for the past few days, but the temp is perfect! I caught myself wishing I could go to D-land this morning; I guess it's just that CA atmosphere : D. I'm looking forward to an opportunity for some In-n-Out soon, I hope!

I'll tell ya'll more in my letter, if that's all right. I love you all TONS and BUNCHES and BUNDLES! You mean so much to me, and I've enjoyed even sharing pictures of you with my investigators! I hope and pray things are going well for you! Tell Grandma Tobler and Grandma and Grandpa Hatfield that I love them too! I look forward to receiving your letters, and I'll talk to you soon.

XoxO,
Oli!

No comments:

Post a Comment