Wednesday, April 6, 2011

March 28, 2011 - Feelin' HOT, HOT, HOT!

Hello All! How are you?!? I'm excited to hear how everything's been going! It's getting hot hot hot here in Monterrey! I'm even sweating a little as I write you : D. For example, yesterday it was about 36 deg Celsius (or 96 deg F) during the day, and it was 91.5 deg F inside our house last night as we went to bed (at least we have fans)! Ugh. I'm definitely drinking lots of water and putting on the sunscreen. No bad sunburns yet, thankfully (I hope. We don't have many mirrors in the house).
 
So the big news from this week is... TRANSFERS! And Elder Muñoz is leaving! He's the new zone leader in Nuevo Laredo (on the other side of Laredo, TX), along with Elder Almaraz, a good friend of his, so I think that should be good. I'm stickin' here in Moderna, and my new companion is Elder Alegría, who will also be our new district leader (I keep thinking of that other Alegría, if you know what I mean ; ) ). I don't know much about him, except that he's coming from working in Matamoros (I think) and he has about 18 months under his belt.
 
So WOW! It's pretty exciting. I'm sad to see Elder Muñoz go; I still feel like there's a lot I could learn from him, and that I didn't take full advantage of that : /. On the other hand, I am excited for a change, to meet Elder Alegría (I hope he's a cool person and a good elder), and to see what he has to offer. It's interesting to be getting into the "rhythm" of different elders, since I'm used to so few. Wish me luck!
 
Also, THANKS A TON FOR THE PACKAGE!! I got it on Tuesday, and it was great! It was also fun talking to Hno. Carlos; he was surprised by how tall Dad is (He's like, what, 2 meters??) and also his knowledge of French cars, namely his Puegot (?). There's a lot of those here, as well as Renaults. But I digress. I enjoyed most of all the pictures. It was wonderful to see you all, Chicago, Christmas, Brazos Bend! Thank you for those. And for the cereal (that granola is SUPER chocolatey! Thanks!) and the MINTS!! The Thin Mints were well received! And the postcards (I loved Julia's : D) and the Toblerones and all the SWEET Texas swag! I gave my roommates a few postcards and things, and they enjoyed them. AND last of all, the great posters of the Temple and the First Presidency! I really enjoyed all of it, and I really appreciate you putting it all together. I may have a few things I will send to you/ask of you this April, if it's alright with Hno. Carlos, but I'll let you know a bit more down the line.
 
Phooey I don't have much time left. I love you all a ton, and I hope you have a great week. I'm super excited for GENERAL CONFERENCE, and I hope you'll be able to watch it all (it'll probably be in Spanish for me : /; at least I can read the Liahona next month for better understanding)! Keep the faith and rock on! You're all in my thoughts and prayers, and I'll talk to you soon.
 
<3,
Oliver
 
PSDad
Hey Dad! Thanks a lot for the email! I loved hearing about Steph and Matt, and I'm glad that they're doing well and that you had a good talk with them : ). And thank you so much too for the advice you gave on the appointments! It really helps me a lot, and important to remember : D. I love you so much, I love hearing about all that goes all, and I hope you have a great week. I'll be missing you and Sam during the priesthood session! Enjoy some ice cream for me (I don't think I'll be able to, because in Mexico the members fast during conference)!
 
PSJulia
Hey Julia! I'm glad to hear your trip to teh Y went well! I love you a lot and know you'll make a good choice. By the way, a couple of elders have asked me: ever thought about going on a mission? Think about it! Good luck with the college choice and school and all that!
Oli

No comments:

Post a Comment